Sony along with the Xperia XZ1 also announced the Xperia XZ1 Compact the comes with a smaller 4.6-inch HD display, but it is powered by the same Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform, runs on Android 8.0 (Oreo) and comes with a 19-megapixel Motion Eye camera with 1/ 2.3″ Exmor RS memory stacked sensor, 960 fps super slow motion videos, Predictive Capture, Anti-distortion shutter, Triple image sensing technology and 5-axis image stabilization for shake-free videos.
This has a 8-megapixel front camera, instead of 13-megapixel front camera in the larger XZ1. It has a metal body and comes with IP65/68 ratings for dust and water resistance.
Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact specifications
- 4.6-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD TRILUMINOS Display with X-Reality, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform with Adreno 540 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD card
- Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Single SIM
- Water Resistant (IP65/IP68)
- 19MP rear camera with Exmos RS sensor, 1/2.3″ sensor, f/2.0 lens, Predictive capture, 5-axis stabilization, 4K video recording, 960fps slow-motion video
- 8MP front-facing camera with 1/ 4″ Exmor R sensor, 18mm super wide-angle for 120 degrees field of view, f/2.4 aperture, 1080p video recording
- DSEE HX, LDAC, Digital Noise Cancelling
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 65 x 129 x 9.3mm; Weight: 140g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/ GLONASS, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C
- 2700mAh battery with Qnovo Adaptive Charging
The Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact comes in White Silver, Black, Horizon Blue and Twilight Pink colors and will roll out globally starting from September 2017.