HP at the Gamescom 2017 introduced its Omen X gaming laptop with support unlocked CPUs for overclocking and factory-overclocked GPUs and memory options for gaming enthusiasts. It also has OMEN Command Center Software that lets you manage CPU and RAM overclocking.
It also has single access panel to HDD, SSDs, and RAM, so all end-user replaceable components are easily accessible.
Highlights of HP Omen X gaming laptop
- 17-inch 4K display option for high-resolution gaming or 120Hz 1080p display options for fast refresh rates and smooth visuals, NVIDIA G-Sync enabled for reduced image tearing
- Intel 7th gen unlocked Intel Core i7 CPU options
- XMP memory options for memory overclocking and tested profiles up to DDR4-2800, factory-overclocked graphics cards up to NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
- RAID0 SSD option, PCIe SSD+HDD storage options for quick responsiveness and massive storage capacity, or standalone 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD option
- High-performance fans to increase airflow and an integrated vapor chamber with four 3.5 mm heat pipes improve heat transfer from the GPU and CPU to the four rear corner-mounted radiators
- DTS Headphone:X for simulated surround sound with any headset and premium sound featuring HP Dual Speakers with Audio by Bang & Olufsen
- HP Audio Boost to ensure peak performance without overloading the speakers
- Mechanical and RGB LED-per key backlit keyboard, including 2.5 mm travel with tactile feel and mechanical switches; RGB LED per key for customizable key maps; independent, programmable macro keys; and, N-Key rollover on every key for anti-ghosting functions
- 3 x USB 3.0 Type A, 2 x Thunderbolt 3-certified USB 3.1 TypeC, HDMI 2.0a with HDR support, Mini DisplayPort, RJ45 and a multi-format media card reader
- Dual audio jack with separate microphone input and headset jacks (input/output) to support the latest gaming headsets or external speakers
The HP Omen X will be available later this year starting at $1,999 (Rs. 1,28,200 approx.).