Today Xiaomi India VP and Managing Director tweeted that the company will launch a new smartphone in India with dual rear cameras in India in next month along with a portrait shot with background blur effect. The smartphone will likely be the Mi 5X that was introduced in China last month.
The Mi 5X has 12MP dual rear cameras, one with a wide-angle lens and other with a telephoto lens offering portrait mode, background blur and more features. It has a 5.5-inch 1080p 2.5D curved glass display, is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 Mobile platform, runs on Android 7.1 (Nougat).
Xiaomi Mi 5X specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD 2.5D curved glass LTPS display, 450nit brightness, 1000:1 contrast ratio
- 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 14nm processor with 650MHz Adreno 506 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB storage (eMMC 5.0), expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- MIUI 8 based on Android 7.1.1 (Nougat), upgradable to MIUI 9
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano/microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with wide-angle lens, 1.25μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture, dual-tone LED flash, secondary 12MP camera with telephoto lens, 1.0 μm pixel size, f/2.6 aperture, PDAF
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 155.4×75.8×7.3mm; Weight: 165g
- 3.5mm audio jack, dedicated amplifier
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 3080mAh (typical) / 3000mAh (minimum) battery
The Xiaomi Mi 5X comes in Black, Gold and Rose Gold colors and was launched in China for 1499 yuan (US$ 222 / Rs. 14284 approx.). Hope it will be priced competitively in India. We should know the launch date soon.