Xiaomi just launched the Mi Max 2, successor of last year’s Mi Max phablet in India. It packs a 6.44-inch 1080p 2.5D curved glass display with 0.7mm ultra narrow bezel on the side, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection and has a huge 5300mAh battery with support for Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 along with parallel charging that lets you charge the phone up to 68% in one hour. It promises up to 18 hours of video playback or 57 hours of talk time on a single charge.
It is powered by Snapdragon 625 processor, has an improved 12-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX386 sensor, 1.25μm pixel size, PDAF and dual-tone LED flash and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera. It has a unibody metal design and is just 7.6mm thick.
Xiaomi Mi Max 2 specifications
- 6.44-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS 2.5D curved glass display with 450nits brightness, 1000 : 1 contrast ratio, 72% NTSC color gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 506 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal storage, expandable memory with microSD
- MIUI 8 based on Android 7.1.1 (Nougat)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro+nano/microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, PDAF, f/2.2 aperture, Sony IMX386 sensor, 1.25μm pixel size
- 5MP front-facing camera with 85-degree wide-angle lens, f/2.0 aperture
- 3.5mm audio jack, stereo speakers
- Fingerprint sensor, infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 174.1×88.7×7.6mm; Weight: 211g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4 / 5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 5300mAh (typical) / 5200mAh (minimum) battery with Quick Charge 3.0
The Xiaomi Mi Max 2 comes in Matte Black color in India and is priced at Rs. 16,999. It will be available from Mi.com and Mi Home during Mi 3rd anniversary sale on July 20 and 21st at 12PM. It also comes with up to 100GB 4G data for Reliance Jio customers at 10GB data per recharge for 10 recharges.
It will be available from Flipkart, Amazon, Tata Cliq and Paytm mall from July 27th 10AM and will also be available from offline stores such as Poorvika, BigC, Sangeetha, Croma, Lot, Vijay Sales, eZone and Reliance Digital on the same day.