Meizu today announced A5, its latest budget smartphone in the ‘A Series’ in China. It has a 5-inch HD display, is powered by a quad-core MediaTek MT6737 SoC, runs on Flyme OS based on Android Marshmallow, has an 8-megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED flash and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
Meizu A5 specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD display with 400 nits brightness, 1000: 1 contrast ratio
- 1.3 GHz Quad-core MediaTek MT6737 processor with Mali T720 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Flyme OS 6
- 8MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, PDAF, f/2.0 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano+nano/microSD)
- Dimensions: 144 x 70.5 x 8.3mm; Weight: 140g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1 LE, GPS / GLONASS
- 3060mAh battery
The Meizu A5 comes in Matte Black color, is priced at 699 yuan (US$ 103 / Rs. 6675 approx.) and is currently available from Meizu’s own online store in China.