Detailed specifications of the Xiaomi Mi Max 2 surfaced last week, now the first shots of the smartphone has surfaced enclosed in a transparent case. Sadly this doesn’t reveal the front part of the phone but it shows the back with a fingerprint sensor in the middle, 3.5mm audio jack, secondary microphone and an infrared sensor on the top, speaker grills and USB Type-C port on the bottom.
It also shows unibody metal design of the smartphone, similar to the first generation Mi Max.
Xiaomi Mi Max 2 rumored specifications
- 6.44-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS 2.5D curved glass display
- 2.2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 626 14nm processor with Adreno 506 GPU
- 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, 6GB RAM with 128GB storage, expandable memory with microSD
- MIUI 8 based on Android 7.1 (Nougat)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro+nano/microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with Sony IMX378 sensor, dual-tone LED flash
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4 / 5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 5000mAh battery
Even though Xiaomi Mi Max 2 is rumored to be announced tomorrow along with the Mi 6, earlier rumors reveal that it will only be introduced in May. We should wait for more details.