Sony Mobile today sent out invites for the launch of Xperia XZs, successor of last year’s Xperia XZ in India on April 4th. It was introduced at the MWC 2017 in Barcelona last month, and packs a 5.2-inch 1080p screen and Snapdragon 820 processor, same as the predecessor, but this runs on Android 7.0 (Nougat).
It has a new 19-megapixel Motion Eye camera with 1/ 2.3″ Exmor RS memory stacked sensor, 960 fps super slow motion videos, Predictive Capture, Anti-distortion shutter, Triple image sensing technology and 5-axis image stabilization for shake-free videos. It has a 13-megapixel front-facing camera and also has a dedicated camera shutter button.
It has IP65/68 ratings for dust and water resistance. It will likely launch the dual SIM variant of the smartphone in India.
Sony Xperia XZs specifications
- 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Triluminos Display, X-Reality, Dynamic Contrast Enhancer, sRGB 138%
- Quad-Core Snapdragon 820 64-bit 14nm processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB via microSD card
- Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- Dual SIM
- Water Resistant (IP65/IP68)
- 19MP rear camera with Exmos RS sensor, 1/2.3″ sensor, f/2.0 lens, Predictive and Laser autofocus, 5-axis stabilizatio, 4K video recording, 960fps slow-motion video
- 13MP front-facing camera with 1/3” Exmor RS sensor, 22mm wide-angle f/2.0 lens, 1080p video recording
- DSEE HX, LDAC, Digital Noise Cancelling
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 146 x 72 x 8.1 mm; Weight: 161 grams
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS/ GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 2900mAh Battery with Qnovo’s Adaptive Charging technology
The Sony Xperia XZs comes in Ice Blue, Warm Silver and Black colors. We should know the price of the phone when it launches next Tuesday.