OPPO just launched F3 Plus, the company’s latest selfie-focused smartphone in the ‘F Series’ at an event in India, as it had promised. The main highlight of the smartphone is its 16-megapixel front-facing camera with 1/3.1-inch sensor and f/2.0 aperture along with an 8-megapixel secondary front camera with 120-degree wide-angle lens for capturing better group selfies. It also has a 16-megapixel rear camera with f/1.7 aperture, Sony IMX398 sensor and dual phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF) technology.
It has a 6-inch 1080p 2.5D curved glass screen with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection, is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 653 processor, has 4GB of RAM and runs on Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) with ColorOS 3.0 on top. It has a fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button that works even when your fingers are moist.
It has 64GB of internal storage with hybrid dual SIM slot for expansion. It has a unibody metal design and packs a 4000mAh battery with VOOC Flash Charge that promises 2 hours of talk time in 5 minutes of charging.
At the event OPPO announced its new brand ambassador – Bollywood actor Deepika Padukone.
OPPO F3 Plus Specifications
- 6-inch (1080 x 1920 pixels) Full HD 2.5D curved glass display, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 653 processor (Quad 1.95GHz ARM Cortex A72 + Quad 1.44GHz A53 CPUs) with Adreno 510 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) with ColorOS 3.0
- 16MP rear camera with f/1.7 aperture, 1/2.8″ Sony IMX398 sensor, Dual Focus PDAF, 6P lens, dual-tone LED Flash, OIS, 4K video recording
- 16MP front-facing camera with 76.4-degree wide-angle lens, 1/3.1-inch sensor, f/2.0 aperture and secondary 8MP front camera with 120-degree wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 163.63×80.8×7.35mm; Weight: 185g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac (dual-band), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- 4000mAh battery with VOOC Flash Charge
The OPPO F3 Plus comes in Gold and Black colors and is priced at Rs. 30,990. It will go on sale from April 1st, both online and offline across India. Pre-orders begin today till March 31st on Amazon.in, Flipkart and other retailers.
Commenting on the launch, Sky Li, Global VP & President of OPPO India, said:
OPPO is an industry leader in the Selfie Revolution with the recent ‘Selfie Experts’ F-series. Our brand has been growing rapidly across Southeast Asia and other regions around the world. As per the GFK data, we became the No.2 smartphone brand in India offline market last year. The dual selfie camera F3 Plus marks a new ‘Group Selfie’ trend, and reinforces our position as the Selfie Expert.