Huawei’s Honor brand launched the Honor 6X smartphone last month in India starting at Rs. 12,999. The smartphone went on sale exclusively on Amazon.in through flash sale starting this month. Today Honor announced that the smartphone will be available through open sale in the country on Amazon.
The Honor 6X has a a 12-megapixel camera with phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF), LED flash and a secondary 2-megapixel for achieving depth of field and background blur.
The smartphone is localized for the Indian users with EMUI availability in 14 local languages ( Hindi, Bengali, Telegu, Marathi, Tamil, Urdu, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Oriya, Punjabi, Assamese, Maithili & Nepali) and comes with the SOS button which will act as an emergency alarm and send an SMS to preset numbers and also provide location information.
Honor 6X specifications
- 5.5-inch (1080 x 1920 pixels) Full HD 2.5D curved glass IPS display
- Octa-core Kirin 655 ( 4 x 2.1GHz + 4 x 1.7GHz) 16nm processor with Mali T830-MP2
- 3GB LPDDR3 RAM with 32GB (eMMC 5.1) storage / 4GB RAM with 64GB (eMMC 5.1) storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano+ nano/microSD)
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with EMUI 4.1
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, 6P lens, 1.25um pixel size, PDAF, aperture F/0.95-F/16 and 2MP secondary camera
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 150.9×72.6×8.2mm; Weight: 162g
- Fingerprint sensor
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- 3340mAh (typical) / 3270mAh (minium) battery with support for fast charging
The Honor 6X comes in gold, silver and gray colors and is priced at Rs. 12,999 for the 3GB RAM with 32GB storage version, while the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version costs Rs. 15,999.
Commenting on the announcement, P Sanjeev, Vice President Sales, Huawei Consumer BG, said:
We are delighted by the positive response to the flash sales and have taken into account consumer demand for the Honor 6X. Taking this into consideration, we have decided to make the device available via open sale for all of our customers. Consumers will no longer be required to register for the device and can buy either of the variants till stock lasts.