Huawei’s Honor brand introduced the Honor 6X smartphone for global markets earlier this month at the CES 2017. Today it has launched the smartphone in India, as it had promised. It was introduced in China last year, has a 5.5-inch 1080p 2.5D curved glass display, is powered by an Octa-Core Kirin 655 16nm processor and runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with EMUI 4.1. It will get EMUI 5.0 based on Android 7.0 (Nougat) in Q2 2017.
It has a 12-megapixel camera with phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF), LED flash and a secondary 2-megapixel for achieving depth of field and background blur. It has a fingerprint sensor on the back that can unlock the phone in 0.3 seconds. It has unibody metal design and packs a 3,340mAh battery that promises up to two days of battery life with normal use.
Honor 6X specifications
- 5.5-inch (1080 x 1920 pixels) Full HD 2.5D curved glass IPS display
- Octa-core Kirin 655 ( 4 x 2.1GHz + 4 x 1.7GHz) 16nm processor with Mali T830-MP2
- 3GB LPDDR3 RAM with 32GB (eMMC 5.1) storage / 4GB RAM with 64GB (eMMC 5.1) storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano+ nano/microSD)
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with EMUI 4.1
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, 6P lens, 1.25um pixel size, PDAF, aperture F/0.95-F/16 and 2MP secondary camera
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 150.9×72.6×8.2mm; Weight: 162g
- Fingerprint sensor
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- 3340mAh (typical) / 3270mAh (minium) battery with support for fast charging
The Honor 6X comes in gold, silver and gray colors and is priced at Rs. 12,999 for the 3GB RAM with 32GB storage version, while the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version costs Rs. 15,999. It will be available exclusively from Amazon.in through flash sale starting from 2nd February at 2PM. Registration for the sale begins today.
We unboxed the smartphone recently, check out the unboxing video and the first impressions.