Huawei’s Honor brand today announced that it will unveil Honor V9, successor of last year’s Honor V8 at an event in Beijing on February 21st. It got certified by TENAA recently that confirms most of the specifications, including a 5.7-inch Quad HD screen, 12-megapixel dual rear cameras and an 8-megapixel front-facing camera similar to the Honor V8, but this is expected to powered by Kirin 960 SoC and pack 6GB of RAM.
It is expected to pack a slightly larger 3900mAh battery into its slim 6.9mm body.
Honor V9 rumored specifications
- 5.7-inch (2560 × 1440 pixels) Quad HD 2.5D curved glass display
- Octa-Core Huawei Kirin 960 processor with Mali G71 Octa-Core GPU
- 6GB RAM, 64GB / 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat) with EMUI 5.0
- Dual SIM
- 12MP dual rear cameras with dual-tone LED flash, Laser AF
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 157×77.5×6.97mm;Weight: 184g
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3,900mAh battery with fast charging
The Honor V9 is expected to come in Gold, Silver and Rose Gold colors and is rumored to start at 2299 yuan (US$ 334 / Rs. 22425 approx.).