Soon after Qualcomm said that the rumored Nokia 8 phone that surfaced last week is just a prototype, details about Nokia P1 has surfaced from Russia. According to a new report, the upcoming top-end Nokia P1 smartphone will be based on Sharp AQUOS Xx3 that was introduced last year and will feature a similar 5.3-inch 1080p IGZO display, however this will come with a Snapdragon 835 SoC and 6GB of RAM instead of Snapdragon 820 SoC and 3GB of RAM on the Sharp phone.
Nokia P1 rumored specifications
- 5.3-inch (1920 × 1080 pixels) Full HD Sharp IGZO 120Hz display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 processor with Adreno 540 GPU
- 6GB , 128GB / 256GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- 22.6MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, Carl ZEISS optics, 4K Video recording
- Front-facing camera
- IP55 / IP57 ratings for dust and water resistance
- Ultrasonic fingerprint sensor
- 4G LTE, dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11ac (MIMO), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS
- 3500mAh battery with Quick Charge 4
The Nokia P1 is rumored to be announced at the MWC 2017 and could cost $800 (Rs. 54380 approx.) for the base variant and go up to $950 (Rs. 64560 approx.) for the 256GB top-end version. All these are just rumored, and nothing has been confirmed, so take it with a pinch of salt.