Xiaomi started its Mi explorer program last month, which ended recently. Yesterday it announced the explorer rankings. Today the company has sent out an invite for the launch of the new product on January 19th, which will likely be the Redmi Note 4. It was introduced in China back in August last year and will come with a Snapdragon processor in India instead of Helio X20 SoC.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD 2.5D curved glass display, up to 72% NTSC color gamut, 1000:1 contrast ratio
- Deca-Core MediaTek Helio X20 processor with Mali-T880MP4 GPU (China) / Sapdragon processor (India)
- 2GB RAM with 16GB storage / 3GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory with microSD
- MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano/microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with PDAF, dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, 85-degree wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 151x76x8.35mm; Weight: 175g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 4000mAh (minimum) / 4100mAh (typical) battery
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 comes in Gold, Silver and Gray colors. We should know the price for India when it is launched next Thursday. Xiaomi will offer live stream for the event at c.mi.com.
We reviewed the MediaTek version of Redmi Note 4 recently, check out the review here.