Huawei’s Honor brand introduced the Honor 6X smartphone for global markets yesterday at the CES 2017. Today the company has sent out invites for the launch of the smartphone in India on January 24th. It was introduced in China last year, has a 5.5-inch 1080p 2.5D curved glass display, is powered by an Octa-Core Kirin 655 16nm processor and runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with EMUI 4.1.
It has a 12-megapixel camera with phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF), LED flash and a secondary 2-megapixel for achieving depth of field and background blur. It has a fingerprint sensor on the back that can unlock the phone in 0.3 seconds. It has unibody metal design and packs a 3,340mAh battery that promises up to two days of battery life with normal use and also supports fast charging.
Honor 6X specifications
- 5.5-inch (1080 x 1920 pixels) Full HD 2.5D curved glass IPS display
- Octa-core Kirin 655 ( 4 x 2.1GHz + 4 x 1.7GHz) 16nm processor with Mali T830-MP2
- 3GB LPDDR3 RAM with 32GB (eMMC 5.1) storage / 4GB RAM with 64GB (eMMC 5.1) storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano+ nano/microSD)
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with EMUI 4.1
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, 6P lens, 1.25um pixel size, PDAF, aperture F/0.95-F/16 and 2MP secondary camera
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 150.9×72.6×8.2mm; Weight: 162g
- Fingerprint sensor
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- 3340mAh (typical) / 3270mAh (minium) battery with support for fast charging
The Honor 6X comes in gold, silver and gray colors. The 3GB RAM with 32GB storage version was introduced at US$ 249.99 (Rs. 17050 approx.) / EUR 249 and the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version costs US$ 299.99 (Rs. 20460 approx.) / EUR 299. We should know the pricing for India later this month.
We unboxed the smartphone recently, check out the unboxing video and the first impressions.