Xiaomi introduced Mi Pad 2 back in November last year. Now the company is set to unveil the Mi Pad 3 soon. According to images that have a surfaced today, the Mi Pad 3 will have a 9.7-inch (2048 × 1536 pixels) display and the Intel Atom X5-Z8500 on the Mi Pad 2 will be replaced by more powerful 7th generation Intel M3-7Y30 processor.
It is expected to feature all-metal 6.08mm slim body and pack a huge 8290mAh battery. It is also expected to come with an ultrasonic fingerprint sensor on the front.
Xiaomi Mi Pad 3 rumored specifications
- 9.7-inch (2048 × 1536 pixels) display with 4:3 aspect ratio
- 2.6GHz dual-core Intel M3-7Y30 processor (7th gen) processor with Intel HD Graphics 615
- 8GB LPDDR3 RAM with 128GB / 256GB storage
- Windows 10
- 16MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, 1080p video recording
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Ultrasonic fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 239.5×164.5×6.08mm; Weight: 380 grams
- WiFi 802.11ac (Dual Band), WiFi Direct, Bluetooth 4.1, USB Type-C
- 8290mAh battery with fast charging
The Xiaomi Mi Pad 3 is rumored cost 1999 yuan (US$ 288 / Rs. 19540 approx.) for the 128GB storage version and 2299 yuan (US$ 330 / Rs. 22470 approx.) for the 256GB storage version. Xiaomi will also introduce a magnetic keyboard for 99 yuan. It is not clear if there will be an Android version. It is expected to be introduced in China on December 30th.