Along with the Huawei Mate 9, Huawei also announced Porsche Design Huawei Mate 9 limited edition smartphone in partnership with premium-lifestyle brand Porsche Design. It has a 5.5-inch Quad HD AMOLED display, is powered by an Octa-Core HiSilicon Kirin 960 SoC with IntelliSense i6 sensor hub and runs on Android 7.0 (Nougat) with Emotion UI 5.0 on top.
It has a second generation Leica dual-lens camera with 12-megapixel RGB sensor, 20-megapixel monochrome sensor and Hybrid Zoom, featuring 2x magnification, dual-tone LED flash, laser auto focus, optical image stabilization (OIS) and uses Huawei’s own ISP. It has an 8-megapixel front-facing camera. It has a fingerprint sensor on the front.
It features seamless curved edges, a graphite finish and stylish black coloring. It has 4000mAh battery with SuperCharge (3.5-5V – 5A / 9V-2A) technology that promises full day of charge in 20 minutes.
Porsche Design Huawei Mate 9 limited edition specifications
- 5.5-inch (2560 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD AMOLED 2.5D curved glass display
- Octa-Core Huawei Kirin 960 processor with Mali G71 Octa-core GPU
- 6GB RAM, 256GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat) with Emotion UI 5.0
- Hybird Dual SIM (nano SIM + nano SIM / microSD)
- 20MP (Monochrome) + 12MP (RGB) Dual rear cameras with Leica lenses, f/2.2 aperture, dual-tone LED flash, Laser AF, OIS
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/1.9 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS, NFC
- 4000mAh battery with fast charging
The Porsche Design Huawei Mate 9 limited edition comes in Graphite Black, is priced at 1395 Euros (US$ 1543 / Rs. 1,02,980 approx.) and will be available in the European Porsche Design Stores starting in late December. It will also be available in January 2017 at Porsche Design Stores worldwide (except USA), and select Huawei retail stores in Asia, Middle East and Europe.