Huawei today at its Mate 9 event also introduced Huawei Fit, a fitness watch with heart rate monitoring, automatic step counting, sleep tracking and support for multi-sport activities such as Walking, Running, Cycling, Treadmill and Swimming. It also provides comprehensive and customized running programs and offers real-time coaching; after a run the watch displays VO2 max, recovery time and a training score. This gives you an indication of cardio-respiratory fitness and a recovery time assessment.
Hauwei also said that it is the first wearable device to achieve the TÜV-WT reliability and accuracy certification. It is the same Honor S1 smarwatch that was announced in China last month. It also offers notifications for calls, messages and reminders when connected to Android or iOS devices.
Huawei Fit specifications and features
- 1.04-inch (208 × 208 pixels) black and white always-on touch screen memory LCD, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Compatible with Android 4.4 or iOS 8.0 devices
- Sensors: 6-axis (accelerometer + gyro) sensor, CAP-Sensor, Heart rate sensor (PPG) for continuous heart rate monitoring, Ambient light sensor
- Daily activity tracking, Sleep monitoring
- Incoming call notifications, Shows messages from apps
- Gentle vibration alarm wakes you up without disturbing others
- Gently reminds you to move if you are sitting for too long
- Bluetooth 4.2 LE
- Dustproof and Waterproof (IP68), 5ATM waterproof
- Dimensions: 246.5mm x 39.4mm x 9.9mm (Larger-strap),229.4mm x 39.4mm x 9.9mm (Small-strap);Weight: 35g
- 80mAh battery with up to 6 days of battery life
The Huawei Fit comes in Titanium Gray and Moonlight Silver colors with Black, Blue or Orange straps in large and small sizes and is priced at 149 Euros (US$ 165 / Rs. 11,015 approx.). It will first roll out in France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal and the United States.