Huawei just unveiled Mate 9, its latest flagship smartphone at an event in Germany, as it had promised. It packs a 5.9-inch 1080p display with 2.5D glass, is powered by an Octa-Core HiSilicon Kirin 960 SoC with IntelliSense i6 sensor hub and runs on Android 7.0 (Nougat) with Emotion UI 5.0 on top and Google DaydreamVR support. It has a second generation Leica dual-lens camera with 12-megapixel RGB sensor, 20-megapixel monochrome sensor and Hybrid Zoom, featuring 2x magnification, dual-tone LED flash, laser auto focus, optical image stabilization (OIS) and uses Huawei’s own ISP. It also an 8-megapixel front-facing camera.
It has unibody aluminum design, has a fingerprint sensor on the back, has 4G LTE connectivity with support for voLTE and has hybrid dual SIM slot that lets you use the secondary SIM as a microSD slot when required and a 4000mAh battery with SuperCharge (3.5-5V – 5A / 9V-2A) technology that promises full day of charge in 20 minutes.
Huawei Mate 9 specifications
- 5.9-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD 2.5D curved glass display, 96% NTSC Color Gamut
- Octa-Core Huawei Kirin 960 (4 x 2.4 GHz A73+ 4 x 1.8 GHz A53) processor + i6 co-processor, Mali G71 Octa-core GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat) with EMUI 5.0
- Hybird Dual SIM (nano SIM + nano SIM / microSD)
- 20MP (Monochrome) + 12MP (RGB) Dual rear cameras with Leica lenses, f/2.2 aperture, dual-tone LED flash, PDAF, CAF, Laser AF, OIS, 4K video recording
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/1.9 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 156.9 x 78.9 x 7.9mm; Weight: 190g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS, NFC
- 4000mAh battery with fast charging
The Huawei Mate 9 Black, Space Gray, Moonlight Silver, Champagne Gold, Mocha Brown and Ceramic White. It is priced at 699 Euros (Rs. 51605 approx.) and will roll out in China, Malaysia, France, Poland, Germany, Saudi Arabia, Italy, Spain, Japan, Thailand, Kuwait and United Arab Emirates.