Huawei’s Honor brand also launched Honor 8 Smart, a cheaper version of the Honor 8 at the launch event today. It has a 5.2-inch 1080p display with 76.4% screen-to-body ratio, is powered by an Octa-Core Kirin 650 processor and runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with EMUI 4.1 on top. It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX214 and an 8-megapixel front-facing camera.
It has aircraft grand aluminum alloy body, has a fingerprint sensor on the back and packs a 3000mAh battery that promises 1.3 days of battery life even with heavy use.
Honor 8 Smart specification
- 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS display, 1500:1 contrast ratio, 405 nits brightness
- Octa-Core Kirin 650 (Cortex A53 – 4× 2 GHz + 4×1.7 GHz) 16nm processor with Mali T830 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Huawei EMUI 4.1
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, Sony IMX214 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 5P lens
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, HiSilicon Hi6402 24-bit DAC, Smart PA amplifier
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1 LE, GPS
- 3000mAh battery
The Honor 8 Smart comes in Black, White and Gold colors, is priced at Rs. 19,999 and will go on sale soon. It is not clear why this is priced high even though it shares almost similar specifications as the Honor 5C that was launched in India few months back for Rs. 10,999.