The Nokia N97 has received a firmware update to version 22.0.110 which is available via OTA ( Over the Air) and NSU( Nokia Software Update ). This update brings Ovi Maps 3.3 to the device.
Here is a changelog from AllAboutSymbian
- Maps 3.3 with free Navigation built-in
- Nokia Messaging stub built-in (you get the choice of this or standard ’email’ – which is a little confusing! – and in my case choosing ‘Nokia Messaging’ gave an error. Hmmm…..)
- Default screen brightness raised to 75%
- Default theme now the jet black ‘Nseries 2’, giving longer battery life than the previous ‘Nseries 3’
- RAM optimisations
- Miscellaneous bug fixes
At best case, if you do hard reset your N97, you’ll initially have 55MB free on disk C: and almost 60MB of free RAM, both an improvement on previous firmwares.
Here is a changelog from SymbianWorld
Changes and improvents from v.21.0.45 to v.22.0.110
Data package content, corrections or changes :
- Corrections to TOP ~15 issues reported in the field
- OTC cases fixed:
- Wrong Cherry number used in Russia and Spain
- “System error” displayed occasionally at first start-up. Reported e.g. by Vodafone.
Genius cases fixed:
Contacts performance improvement:
- #144324: Voice dialing not working when there are 2000+ entries stored in Contacts.
- #134637: Phone prompts “Memory full” when searching for names
Localisation & language variant specific:
- #154188: Message editor crashes and writing fails if predictive text input is On. (Arabic UI, v15 language variant)
- #146139: Scrolling to left and right works the wrong way around in Photos – Captured when using Arabic UI
- #147509: QWERTY keypad input does not work correctly with Calculator. (Chinese language variants: v19, v25, v26)
- #139207: “Slide to Answer” localization error (Hebrew)
- #140654: Localisation error in Bluetooth Audio – “Set as (un)authorized” (Czech)
- #141675: “Security module error” shown in display occasaionally at start-up
- #147863: Occasionally device hangs and restarts soon after start-up.
- #137558: Device keylock opens (although it shouldn’t) when dialing a number using a carkit. (CK-300, CK-600, also some non-Nokia, factory installed car kits)
Default Nokia tune is played as ringing tone for incoming calls instead of the one user has defined in Profile settings. Also sometimes device ahs stopped alerting for incoming calls. Both issues are now fixed.
Let us know if you updated your N97 or if you have already got rid of the handset. If you are updating , make sure you take a backup of your data !