Huawei has announced Maimang 5, the company’s latest mid-range smartphone in China. It packs a 5.5-inch 1080p 2.5D curved glass display with 77.9% screen-to-body ratio, is powered by an octa-core Snapdragon 625 processor, runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with EMUI 4.1 on top. It has a 16-megapixel rear camera with phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF), Optical image stabilization (OIS), dual-tone LED flash and a 8-megapixel front-facing camera.
It has full metal unibody design and a fingerprint sensor on the back that can unlock the phone in 0.3 seconds.
Huawei Maimang 5 specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD 2.5D durved glass display
- 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 14nm processor with Adreno 506 GPU
- 3GB of RAM with 32GB storage, 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with EMUI 4.1
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano+nano/microSD)
- 16MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, PDAF, OIS, Sony IMX298, f/2.0 aperture, 6P lens, 4K video recording
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 151.8×75.7×7.3mm; Weight:160g
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB Type-C
- 3340mAh battery
The Huawei Maimang 5 comes in Champagne Gold, Rose Gold and Moonlight silver colors and is priced at 2399 yuan for the 3GB RAM with 32GB storage version and the 4GB RAM with 64GB version costs 2599 yuan. It is now available for order in China and goes on sale from July 21.