OnePlus just launched its flagship OnePlus 3 smartphone globally, including India at its VR event. It has a 5.5-inch 1080 Optic AMOLED display and 0.75mm slim bezels on the sides and also has 2.5D curved Corning Gorilla Glass protection. It is powered by a 2.15GHz quad-core Snapdragon 820 SoC and runs on Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) with Oxygen OS 3.0.2. It has a 16-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF) for quick focus in 0.2 seconds, Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), RAW image support, manual mode and a 8-megapixel front-facing camera.
It has a anodized aluminium unibody design, has a fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button that can unlock the phone in under 0.3 seconds, packs dual nano SIM slots and comes with 4G LTE. It has the OnePlus’s signature alert slider that allows you to switch between notification profiles: All, Priority and None. It packs a 3000mAh battery that comes with a new Dash Charge technology that can charge the phone up to 60% in just 30 minutes with the 5V-4A charger.
OnePlus 3 specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920×1080 pixels) Full HD Optic AMOLED display with 2.5D curved Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- 2.15GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 820 64-bit processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4 RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.0) storage
- Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) with Oxygen OS 3.1
- Dual nano SIM slots
- 16-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, Sony IMX298 sensor, 1.12 micron pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, OIS, 4K video recording at 30 fps, 720p slow motion at 120fps
- 8MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX179 sensor, 1.4 micron pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
- Dimensions: 152.7×74.7×7.35mm; Weight: 158g
- Fingerprint sensor
- Bottom-facing speaker, dual microphone for noise cancellation
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (MIMO), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3000mAh battery with Dash Charge
The OnePlus 3 comes in Graphite and Soft Gold colors and is priced at Rs. 27,999 in India, US$ 399 in the US and 399 Euros in Europe. The Graphite colored version will be available in India exclusively from Amazon.in through open sale starting tomorrow, June 15 at 12:30 AM IST.
- 12 months of Saavn Pro. Unlimited, ad-free music downloads and exclusive Saavn originals
- 12 months of accidental damage protection with OnePlus Care
- 12 months of double data for Idea customers
- Rs. 500 ebook promotion credits – Download and sign in to the Kindle app
Commenting on the launch, OnePlus Founder and CEO Pete Lau, said:
We know that the best smartphone is the one that works exactly how you want it to. The OnePlus 3 delivers that experience. It combines what our customers already love about our products with what they want and expect next. For example, Dash Charge sets a new standard for fast charging technology. It’s a flagship smartphone inspired by – and made for – our fans.
Vikas Agarwal, General Manager at OnePlus India added:
India has always been a special market for us and we are thrilled to launch the OnePlus 3 for our Indian users simultaneously with the rest of the world. We are confident the phone will bode well with the expectations of the Indian fans, who will now have an easier time experiencing the OnePlus 3 since we have gone ‘invite free’. We are also introducing a line up of attractive accessories and exclusive partner offers to make the user experience even more enriching.