Samsung just announced the Galaxy S7 Active for AT&T in the U.S. It has a 5.1-inch Quad HD Super AMOLED display, is powered by a Quad-Core Snapdragon 820 SoC, runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), has a 12-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera, similar to the Galaxy S7, but this is shatter-resistant, in addition to IP68 ratings for dust and water resistant and has also passed U.S. Military Standard (MIL-STD) 810G tests for a ruggedized phone.
Samsung Galaxy S7 Active specifications
- 5.1-inch Quad HD (2560×1440 pixels) Super AMOLED display with Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- Quad-Core Snapdragon 820 processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM, 32GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 200GB with microSD
- Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
- Rugged Design, IP68 ratings water and dust resistance
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 148.8 x 75.0 x 9.9mm; Weight: 185g
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (dual-band), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS with GLONASS, USB 2.0, NFC
- 4000mAh battery
The Samsung Galaxy S7 Active comes in Sandy Gold, Camo Green and Titanium Gray colors and will be available through AT&T from June 10th. It will be available through contract at $26.50 per month over 30 months or $33.13 for 24 months. This comes at around $795 (Rs. 53,150 approx.).