With the launch of the next big device from Coolpad right around the corner, we’ve gotten access to some interesting tidbits of information. We decided to explore some of the rumors around the phone that is expected to be the Coolpad Max.
Compared to the Coolpad Note 3 and the Note 3 Lite, the phone seems to have opted for a metallic build and a more sleek, shell. In fact design seems to be a key element of the handset which seems to be going for a gold and black look with svelte corners and precise antenna lines over at the back. It is also rumored that the phone will come in a rose gold avatar too.
Coolpad Max expected specifications
- 5.5-inch (1080 x 1920 pixels) Full HD IPS 2.5D curved glass display
- 1.5GHz Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 617 (MSM8952) / Snapdragon 615 (MSM8939) processor with Adreno 405 GPU
- 4GB RAM with 64GB storage / 3GB RAM with 16GB / 32GB internal memory, microSD expansion slot
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop) with Cool UI
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, 6P lenses, PDAF
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 152×75.7×6.9mm; Weight: 175g
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 2800mAh battery with fast charging
Design aside, it appears that the Coolpad Max will be amongst the most powerful devices introduced by the company so far with 4GB of RAM, a Snapdragon 617 processor and even 64GB of storage built into it. We’ve recently seen a spate of launches spearheaded by the Lenovo Zuk Z1 which too has 64GB of storage but the presence of card slot on the Coolpad Max could make all the difference. The rest of the specs seem to be par for the course and include a Full HD display as well as Dual SIM capabilities.
The Coolpad Max is expected to be launched on 20th May at an event in Delhi and we’re quite excited to see what the company has got lined up after a range of successful devices introduced in the Note series.