Garmin has launched a new Vivosmart HR+ fitness activity tracker which is upgrade to last year’s Vivosmart HR. The latest Vivosmart HR+ comes with a built-in GPS and other new features.
The GPS helps the device to accurately track distance, time and place for activities, as well as view a map of their activity on Garmin Connect. It will now auto detect activities thanks to the Garmin Move IQ auto activity detection. Garmin Elevate wrist heart rate technology the Vívosmart HR+ provides 24/7 heart rate monitoring. It also tracks steps, distance, calories, floors climbed and activity intensity. It features an always-on, sunlight-readable display and water rating of 5 ATM.
Additional running features include personal records, virtual pacer, Auto Pause, Auto Lap and walk/run mode. Using Elevate wrist heart rate technology, vívosmart HR+ monitors heart rate at the wrist and quantifies the intensity of users’ fitness activities using intensity minutes. This feature helps users monitor their progress against activity goals recommended by leading health organizations.
The vívosmart HR+ also includes Garmin Move IQ, a feature that continuously monitors for periods of sustained activity. It automatically recognizes walking, running, biking, swimming and elliptical training so users can easily track their exercise throughout the day without needing to start a timed activity. Once synced with Garmin Connect, users can review their full day of activity in a convenient timeline view.
Key specifications of Viviosmart HR+
- Always-on display (160 x 68 pixels) shows your stats, even in sunlight
- Built-in GPS for accuate tracking
- Wrist-based heart rate – tracks heart rate to provide more accurate calories burned information
- 5 ATM water resistant
- Dimensions: 25.3 mm x 10.7 mm; Weight: 31.0 g
- Monitor your progress against aerobic activity goals recommended by health organizations
- Activity Tracking: Displays steps, calories, distance, heart rate, floors climbed, intensity minutes and time of day
- Receive text, call, email, calendar and social media alerts
- Reminds you to stay active with move bar and vibration alert
- Rechargeable lithium battery offers up to 5 days of battery life
The Vivosmart HR+ is priced at $219.99 and is available in regular size black/shark fin gray, imperial purple/kona purple and midnight blue/bolt blue, and an extra-large black/shark fin gray band.