Kingston has launched DataTraveler microDuo 3C, an USB OTG drive for smartphones and tablets with a USB Type-C connector in India. It was announced last year, has a standard USB Type-A ( USB 3.1, 3.0, 2.0) connector on the other end that lets you connect it to a PC, laptop or a Mac to transfer files easily. The USB Type-C enables a single port to function as a point for data transfer, video output, charging and even power external devices.
It comes in 16GB, 32GB and 64GB capacities. Since this uses USB 3.1 standard, read speeds are considerably faster than the microDuo 3.0 OTG drive with USB 3.0 support that was introduced last year.
Kingston DataTraveler microDuo 3C Features and Specifications
- 2-in-1: USB Type-C and USB connectors for easy transfer of files between smartphones, tablets, and computers
- Convenient: ultra-small, pocket-sized design for easy transportability
- Capacities: 16GB, 32GB, 64GB
- Speed: USB 3.1: 16GB: 100MB/s read, 10MB/s write
- 32GB & 64GB: 100MB/s read, 15MB/s write
- Dimensions: 29.94mm x 16.60mm x 8.44mm
- Warranty/support: 5-year warranty with free technical support
The Kingston DataTraveler microDuo 3C is priced at MRPs of Rs .800, Rs. 1,200 and Rs. 2,000 for the 16GB, 32GB and 64GB variants, respectively. It is exclusively available from Flipkart and is backed by a five-year warrant and free technical support.
Commenting on the launch, Nathan Su, Flash Memory Sales Director, APAC Region, Kingston, said:
DataTraveler microDuo 3C has a dual interface that accommodates both USB Type-A and USB Type-C ports to give users easy access to the latest USB interface. Our drive provides more storage, features fast data transfer speeds and helps make the new technology more accessible to consumers.