Lenovo has launched its Zuk Z1 smartphone in India in a crowd-sourced launch, as it had promised. The smartphone was introduced back in August last year, packs a 5.5-inch 1080p display, is powered by Snapdragon 801 SoC, packs 3GB of RAM, runs on Cyanogen OS 12.1 based on Andriod 5.1 (Lollipop), has a 13-megapixel rear camera with dual LED flash and a 8-megapixel front-facing camera.
Lenovo Zuk Z1 specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS display, 1500:1 contrast ratio, 100% NTSC color gamut
- 2.5GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 801 processor with Adreno 330 GPU
- 3GB LPPDR3 RAM, 64GB (eMMC 5.0) internal memory
- Cyanogen OS 12.1 based on Andriod 5.1.1 (Lollipop), Upgradable to Cyanogen OS 13 based on Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
- Dual (nano) SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, Sony IMX214 Exmor RS sensor, OIS, 1.12um pixels, f/2.2 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera, OmniVision OV8865 sensor, 1.12um pixel size
- Fingerprint sensor (FPC 1155)
- Dimensions: 155.7 x 77.3 x 8.9 mm; Weight: 175g
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4/5 GHz), WiFi Direct, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS / GLONASS, USB 3.0 Type-C
- 4100mAh (typical) / 4000mAh (minimum) built-in battery with fast charging
The Lenovo Zuk Z1 comes in dark grey color and is priced at Rs. 13,499 in India. It will be exclusively available from Amazon.in through flash sale starting from May 19th. Registration for the sale begins 1PM today. We had reviewed the Z1 running its own ZUI last year, check out the review here if you are planning to get one.
Commenting on the launch, Sudhin Mathur, Director- Smartphones, Lenovo India, said:
Our focus has always been on innovation and creativity. The biggest demand of a customer is to get maximum experience in an affordable smartphone and the Lenovo ZUK Z1 is our attempt to offer a complete package of powerpack performance and user friendly experience in one device at a customer friendly price point.