Huawei recently confirmed that it will unveil its flagship Honor V8 smartphone at an event in China on May 10th. Today the smartphone has been certified on TENAA in three variants – KNT-AL20, KNT-AL10 and KNT-TL10. The high-end variant is expected to be powered by Kirin 955 SoC and come with 64GB of internal storage, while the other two variants are expected to be powered by a Kirin 950 SoC.
Both the smartphones will have dual 12-megapixel rear cameras with dual-tone LED flash and Laser auto focus, but Leica branding is not seen in the images, so this might not come with Leica lenses as rumored earlier.
Huawei Honor V8 rumored specifications
- 5.7-inch (2560 × 1440 pixels) Quad HD 2.5D curved glass display
- Octa-Core Kirin 955 (4x 2.5GHz A72, A53 4 x 1.8 GHz) processor with Mali T880-MP4 GPU / Octa-Core Kirin 950 (2.3GHz 4 x A72 + 1.8GHz 4 x A53) processor with Mali T880 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 32GB / 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with EMUI
- Dual SIM
- 12MP dual rear cameras with dual-tone LED flash, Laser AF
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 157.00×77.60×7.75mm;Weight: 170g
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3,400mAh battery with fast charging
The Huawei Honor V8 is expected to come in Gold, Silver and Rose Gold colors. We should know all the details about the smartphone at the announcement on May 10. Xiaomi has announced an event on the same date to unveil the Xiaomi Max smartphone.