Xiaomi already shared a teaser of its upcoming Mi Max phablet with a huge 6.4-inch display. Today Xiaomi has officially confirmed that the smartphone will be announced on May 10th. Even though earlier rumors said that it will have a Quad HD screen and will be powered by a Snapdragon 820 SoC, GFXBench listing reveals that it will be a mid-range smartphone with a 1080p screen and will be powered by a Snapdragon 650 SoC, similar to the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3.
Other specifications are also similar to the Redmi Note 3, but it is not clear if it will have a dedicated SIM slots or hybrid SIM set up. Battery life is also still a mystery, but it could pack a huge 5000mAh battery and is likely to come with a fingerprint sensor on the back.
Xiaomi Mi Max rumored specifications
- 6.4-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS display
- Hexa-Core Snapdragon 650 (4x 1.4GHz ARM A53 + 2 x 1.8 GHz ARM A72) 64-bit processor with Adreno 510 GPU
- 2GB RAM with 16GB storage / 3GB RAM with 32GB storage, expandable memory with microSD
- MIUI 7 based on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Dual SIM
- 16MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor.
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4 / 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS
The Xiaomi Mi Max announcement takes place at Beijing National Convention Center on May 10th. We should know all the details about the smartphone in a couple of weeks.
Source 1,2, 3 | Via Thanks Onkar!