Lenovo has launched its Vibe K5 Plus smartphone in India, as it had promised earlier this month. It was announced at the Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Barcelona last month, packs a 5-inch 1080p display, is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 616 processor, runs on Android 5.1 (Lollipop) with Lenovo’s own UI on top, has a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus specifications
- 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS display, 450 nits brightness
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 ( 4 x 1.2 GHz Cortex A53 + 4 x 1.5 GHz Cortex A53) 64-bit processor with Adreno 405 GPU
- 2GB LPDDR3 RAM, 16GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop)
- Dual SIM (micro + micro)
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, Omnivision OV13850 sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 5P lenses, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.8 aperture, 4P lenses
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, dual speakers, Dolby Atmos, PM8916 audio codec
- Dimensions: 142x71x8.2mm; Weight: 142g
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- 2750mAh removable battery
The Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus comes in Platinum Silver, Champagne Gold and Graphite Gray colors and is priced at Rs. 8,499. It will be available exclusively from Flipkart starting from March 23rd through open sale. Lenovo also said that there will be exclusive exchange and upgrade offer for existing Lenovo A6000 and A6000 Plus users during the first sale.
It also has TheaterMax technology, similar to the Vibe K4 Note and Vibe X3 for an immersive VR experience when combined ANT VR headset. We went hands-on with the smartphone at the MWC, here is the hands-on video.
Commenting on the launch, Sudhin Mathur, Director- Smartphones, Lenovo India, said:
Lenovo has always strived to push the boundaries of innovation and bring the best technology through its devices to every category of consumers. With the K5 Plus, we want consumers to ‘Knock out’ their existing smartphones and upgrade to a better performing phone.