LG unveiled its flagship G5 smartphone with a modular design along with Friends companion devices at the MWC in Barcelona earlier this week. Today LG has announced that the smartphone will launch in India in the next quarter, soon after the global launch in April. The G5 has a 5.3-inch (2560 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD Quantum always-on display that lets you can check the time, battery status, and notifications without waking the phone.
It is powered by a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor, runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with LG UX, has a 16-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, OIS 2.0, Laser auto focus, manual mode and a secondary 8-megapixel rear camera with 135-degree wide angle lens. LG has also introduced a hardware expansion modules called CAM Plus and Hi-Fi Plus with B&O Play.
LG G5 Specifications
- 5.3-inch (2560×1440 pixels) Quad HD always-on display, 3D Arc Glass
- Quad-Core Snapdragon 820 64-bit processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- 16MP rear camera, laser auto focus, dual-tone flash, 4K video recording
- 8MP secondary rear camera with 135-degree wide-angle lens
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 149.4 x 73.9 x 7.7~8.6mm; Weight: 159g
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (dual-band), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 2800mAh (removable) battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
The LG G5 comes in Silver, Titan, Gold and Pink colors. We went hands-on with the G5 at the MWC, check out the video below.
Commenting on the launch of LG G5 next quarter, Amit Gujral, Marketing Head – Mobiles, LG India, said:
We are really happy to see all the positivity around the LG G5 ever since its global unveil at the MWC. In fact, in a survey conducted in Korea the LG G5 topped consumer preference leaving its closest competitors trailing far behind. We hope to make this available to users in India very soon and are optimistic that consumers will love its revolutionary design and features.