Sony just announced Xperia XA, the company’s latest mid-range smartphone in the new X series at the Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2016 in Barcelona. It has a 5-inch HD curved glass edge-to-edge display, is powered by an Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P10 (MT6755) processor and runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow). It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, Hybrid Auto-Focus and a 8-megapixel front-facing camera. It comes in both single and dual SIM variants and has 4G LTE connectivity.
Sony Xperia XA specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) curved glass edge-to-edge display
- Octa-core (4 x 2.0 GHz + 4 x 1.0 GHz) MediaTek Helio P10 (MT6755) processor with 700MHz Mali T860MP2 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, Up to 200GB expandable memory up to 200GB via microSD card
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Dual SIM (optional)
- 13MP Primary Camera with 1/3” IMX258 Exmos RS sensor, 1080p video recording.
- 8MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX219 Exmor R sensor, 88-degree wide-angle lens
- Dimensions: 143.6 x 66.8 x 7.9mm; Weight: 137.4g
- 4G LTE, WiFi 820.11 a/b/g/n , Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, NFC
- 2300 mAh battery with Qnovo’s Adaptive Charging technology
The Sony Xperia XA comes in White, Graphite Black, Lime Gold and Rose Gold colors and will roll out starting from the Summer 2016. No word on the pricing yet.