Xiaomi has finally announced that its Redmi Note 3 Pro smartphone will launch in India as Redmi Note 3 on March 3rd, at an event in Delhi. It packs a 5.5-inch 1080p screen, comes with a metal body, has a fingerprint sensor on the back, is powered by a Hexa-Core Snapdragon 650 (Snapdragon 618 previously) processor and a 16-megapixel rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, LED flash and phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF), resulting in a quick focus of just 0.1 second.
It has a 5-megapixel front-facing camera, has dual SIM support with 4G on both and packs a 4000mAh battery with fast charging support that lets you charge the battery up to 50% in just 1 hour.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 (Pro) specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS display, 178-degree viewing angle
- Hexa-Core Snapdragon 650 ( 4x 1.2GHz ARM A53 + 2 x 1.8 GHz ARM A72 ) 64-bit processor with Adreno 510 GPU
- 2GB RAM with 16GB storage / 3GB RAM with 32GB storage, expandable memory with microSD
- MIUI 7 based on Android Lollipop
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano/microSD)
- 16MP rear camera with PDAF, dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording, 120fps slow-motion
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
- Dimensions: 150x76x8.65 mm; Weight: 164g
- Infrared sensor
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac/b/g/n (2.4 / 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.0, GPS + GLONASS
- 4000mAh (minimum) / 4050mAh (typical) battery with fast charging
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 comes in Dark Grey, Silver and Champagne Gold colors. It was launched in China starting at 999 Yuan (US$ 153 / Rs. 10,515 approx.), so it is expected launch here at around similar price. The event takes place at Talkatora Stadium, Gate 5, Talkatora Garden, New Delhi on March 3rd at 16:30PM. Interested Mi fans can register here. “First 1,000 attendees who successfully register at the event onsite will be entitled to a free goodie bag,” said Xiaomi.