MediaTek has announced Helio P20, its second generation processor in the P series which is aimed at sub flagship smartphones. The Helio P20 2.3GHz Cortex-A53 CPUs and new Mali T880 GPU clocked at 900MHz.
It is equipped with MediaTek’s latest modem technology supporting WorldMode LTE Cat.6 and 2×20 carrier aggregation at 300/50Mbps data speeds. The SoC supports global Dual-SIM Dual Standby. MediaTek Helio P20 integrates LPDDR4X, providing 70 percent more bandwidth than the LPDDR3 and 50 percent power savings by lowering supply voltage to 0.6v,
Features of Helio P20
- 2.3 Ghz True Octa-core 64-bit Cortex-A53 CPUs and 900 MHz, Mali T880 GPU
- Up to 2 x LPDDR4X 1600MHz (up to 4GB) + 1x LPDDR3 933Mhz (up to 4GB) + eMMC 5.1
- up to 24MP at 24FPS w/ZSD, 12bit Dual ISP, 3A HW engine, Bayer & Mono sensor support
- Up to 4Kx2K 30fps H.264/265 video
- Dual phase-detection autofocus
- 3A HW engine upgrades for more natural, responsive and detailed photographs
- FHD 1920×1080 60fps. 2x DSI for dual display
- 110db SNR & -95db THD audio
- WorldMode LTE Cat-6, supporting 2×20 carrier aggregation with 300/50Mbps data speed
The MediaTek Helio P20 is expected to be in commercial devices in the second half of 2016.