vivo today launched Y51L, the company’s latest smartphone in India. It was introduced as Y51 last month and packs a 5-inch qHD screen, is powered by a quad-core Snapdragon 410 SoC, runs on Android 5.0 (Lollipop) with Funtouch OS 2.5 on top, has a 8-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
It has 7.52mm slim body with a metal frame and the smartphone has a mirror finish on the back. It has dual SIM support, 4G LTE connectivity and packs a 2350mAh battery.
vivo Y51L specifications
- 5-inch (960 x 540 pixels) qHD IPS display
- 1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 (MSM8916) processor with Adreno 306 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop) with Funtouch OS 2.5
- Dual SIM
- 8MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.4 aperture
- Dimensions: 143.8×71.7×7.52mm; Weight: 157g
- 4G LTE / 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 2350mAh battery
The vivo Y51L comes in White with Gold and Black colors and is priced at Rs. 11,980. Even though it has a slim body, price of the smartphone is high for its features compared to other smartphones in the similar price range.
Commenting on the launch, Alex Feng, CEO, vivo India, said:
The Indian smartphone market is tech savvy and price sensitive. The affordable segment is the growth driver, as the young generation today looks for a phone which is best in features, beautiful in design and is priced competitively. Last year, we witnessed huge sales and positive demand for products in the budget range across markets, which boosted us to launch the Y51L. The new launch will further strengthen our hold on the market and help us establish ourselves among our consumers.