Huawei introduced the Honor 7 smartphone in China back in July and launched it in India in October. Today at the honor event the company introduced an enhanced version of the smartphone that has a smart key to give quick shortcuts. You can give voice commands to facilitate navigation, go running and more. It can only remind you if you have friends within your vicinity. Huawei has partnered with Baidu and will bring Siri-like features. Smart key will bring that up in the future.
The smartphone also runs on EMUI 4.0 based on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow). Preview release of EMUI 4.0 for other Honor 7 devices will be available through forums in China, said the company. Storage of the smartphone has also increased from 16GB to 32GB. It also comes with fast charging capabilities and comes with 9V-2A charger in the box. Other specifications are the same.
Huawei Honor 7 enhanced version specifications
- 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) multi-touch In-cell touch display
- Octa-Core Huawei Kirin 935 processor (4xA53 2.2GHz + 4xA53 1.5GHz) with Mali-T628 MP4 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with EMUI 4.0
- 20MP camera with Sony IMX230 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 6P lenses and dual-tone LED flash
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, BSI Sensor, LED flash
- 3.5mm audio jack, IR LED
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.1 LE, GPS
- 3100 mAh battery
The Huawei Honor 7 enhanced version comes in Gold color and is priced at 1999 Yuan ( Rs. 20,784 / US$ 309 approx.). It will be available for order later today. Huawei has reduced the price of the 16GB version to 1799 Yuan.
With inputs from Dhruv Bhutani