Qualcomm and Snapdragon are already hard at work on their next-gen processor for 2016. It seems that Mediatek too is rolling up its sleeves as it plans to introduce the Helio X12 which is an updated version of the Helio X10.
The Helio X12 will be one of the processors in their lineup that will power phones in 2016. It will go head to head with the likes of the Samsung Exynos 7422 and Snapdragon 618/620 from Qualcomm. Here is the detailed list of specifications of the Helio X12:
- True 64bit Octa-Core, 8x Cortex A53, 2.25GHz
- Imagination GX6250, 750MHz, MiraVision 2.0
- Dual-Channel 933MHz LPDDR3, eMMC 5.1
- USB Host: 5Gbps USB 3.1 Gen1 (OTG)
- Dual ISPs, 21MP ZSD, TrueBright Engine
- Improved 3A / Denoise / Demosaic / Sharpness
- 10bit 4K Video Playback (HEVC, VP9, h.264)
- 4K 30fps HDR Video Recording (HEVC, h.264)
- LTE Cat.6, World-Mode (CDMA2K), VoLTE, Wi-Fi Calling
- Single RF, 14/14 Primary / Diversity RX Ports, 2×20 CA
- External Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, FM Radio & GNSS (MT6630)
- API Support: OpenCL 1.2, OpenGL ES 3.2, Vulkan
- Manufacturing Node: New 28nm HPC+ (TSMC)
The X12 is very similar to the X10 and offers upgraded features and performance. In fact, both the chipsets are so similar that manufacturers will be able to easily upgrade their current smartphones which are based on the X10 design to the X12. The X10 which was the flagship processor for the year 2015 will make way to the Helio X20 which will be the 2016 flagship. The X12 will also be powering an upcoming 5 inch device from Xiaomi.
Source | Thanks Onkar!