Motorola introduced the DROID Turbo 2 with Moto ShatterShield, the world’s first shatterproof display earlier this week for Verizon. Today the company has announced that it will launch as Moto X Force globally. Apart from the name, other specifications are similar to the DROID Turbo 2, including 5.4-inch Quad HD AMOLED display, Snapdragon 810 processor, Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop) and a 3760mAh battery. It has 4G LTE connectivity with support for range of LTE Bands (B1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 20, 25, 28, 40).
Motorola says that the display is guaranteed not to crack or shatter for up to 4 years. Check out the drop test video by Motorola president and COO Rick Osterloh.
Motorola Moto X Force / DROID Turbo 2 specifications
- 5.4-inch (1440×2560 pixels) Quad HD AMOLED 540 ppi display with Moto Shattershield
- 2.0 GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 810 processor with Adreno 430 GPU
- 3GB LPDDR4 RAM, 32/64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop), upgradable to Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- 21MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, 4K video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera, 87-degree wide-angle lens, LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture , 1.4um pixel
- Dimensions: 149.8 x 78 x 7.6-9.2 mm (curve); Weight: 169g
- 4G LTE / 3G, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac 2.4 GHz + 5 GHz with MIMO, Bluetooth 4.1 LE, GPS, GLONASS, NFC
- 3760mAh battery with Turbo charging, PMA and Qi wireless charging
The Motorola Moto X Force comes with Black Ballistic Nylon finish and has optional Moto Maker customization depending on the market. It will roll out in Latin America, EMEA and APAC regions starting in November.
[Update: It is priced at £499 (US$ 764 / Rs. 49,932 approx.) for the 32GB version and £534 ( US$ 818 / Rs. 53,434 approx.) for the 64GB model and launches in UK mid-November.]