Samsung Galaxy On series smartphone that recently got certified on TENAA in China has been listed on the official Samsung India website as Galaxy On5 (SM-G550F). It has a 5-inch HD screen, is powered by a 1.3GHz quad-core processor and runs on Android 5.1 (Lollipop). It has a 8-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
It also has dual SIM support and 4G connectivity with support for 1800 MHz (Band 3) and 2300 MHz (Band 40) LTE in India. It has leather-like back cover, packs 1.5GB of RAM, 8GB of internal storage with expansion slot and a 2600mAh battery.
Samsung Galaxy On5 specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD display
- 1.3 GHz quad-core Exynos 3475 processor with Mali-T720 GPU
- 1.5GB RAM, 8GB internal memory, expandable up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop)
- Dual (micro) SIM
- 8MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture
- Dimensions: 142.3 x 72.1 x 8.5mm; Weight: 149g
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS/ GLONASS
- 2600mAh battery
The Samsung Galaxy On5 comes in Black and Gold colors. The official launch is expected in coming weeks, so we should know the pricing soon. Samsung is also expected to launch the Galaxy On7 smartphone in the Galaxy On series.
[Update: The listing has been pulled, but you can still view the cache here.]