Huawei has announced the G8, the company’s smartphone G Series at the IFA. It has a 5.5-inch 1080p screen, is powered by a 1.5GHz octa-core Snapdragon 616 SoC and runs on Android 5.1 (Lollipop) with Huawei Emotion UI 3.1. It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, OIS and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera. It has all-metal uni-body design, fingerprint sensor 2.0 on the back, comes with dual SIM support and has 4G LTE support.
Huawei G8 specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD cured 2.5D glass display, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Octa-Core 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 (Cortex A53 – 4×1.5GHz + 4×1.2GHz) processor with Adreno 405 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, expandable via MicroSD
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop) with Huawei Emotion UI 3.1
- 13MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, OIS
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 152 x 76.5x 7.5mm; Weight: 167g
- Fingerprint sensor
- 4G LTE /3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS
- 3000mAh battery
The Huawei G8 comes in Dark Silver, White and Gold colors and is priced at 399 Euros (US$448 / Rs. 29,690 approx.) It will roll out in 30 markets including China, Austria, Burma, Germany, Italy, Spain, Denmark, Hungary, the Netherlands, Turkey, Poland and more starting from this September 2015 with other markets to follow.