Samsung has launched the Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 (SM-T815Y), the latest tablet in the Galaxy Tab S series in India. It has a 9.7-inch Super AMOLED display at QXGA resolution, is powered by a Octa-Core Exynos SoCs and runs on Android 5.0 (Lollipop). It has a 8-megapixel rear camera without flash and a 2.1-megapixel front-facing camera. It is just 5.6mm thick, making it the world’s thinnest tablet currently. It also has 4G LTE support and built-in Fingerprint Scanner on the home button.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 specifications
- 9.7-inch (2048×1536 pixel) 4:3 QXGA Super AMOLED display
- Octa-Core Exynos 5433 (1.9 GHz ＋ 1.3 GHz) processor with Mali T760MP6 GPU
- 3GB LPDDR3 RAM, 32GB internal memory, microSD (up to 128 GB)
- Android 5.0 (Lollipop)
- Dimensions 169 x 237.3 x 5.6mm, Weight: 392g
- 8MP rear camera
- 2.1MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint Scanner
- 4G LTE/3G HSPA+, Bluetooth 4.1, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz/5GHz) MIMO, Wi-Fi Direct, GPS, GLONASS
- 5,870mAh battery
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 comes in Gold, Black and White colors and is priced at Rs. 39,400 in India. It comes pre-loaded with Galaxy Gifts worth Rs. 31,000 that includes access to premium apps from News, Entertainment, Productivity, and more for a limited period. Samsung said that it doesn’t have plans to bring the 8-inch variant, the Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 to India anytime soon.