Samsung has launched the Galaxy S6 edge+ smartphone in India. It was announced at the Galaxy Unpacked 2015 event last week and packs a 5.7-inch Quad HD (2560×1440 pixels) Super AMOLED display that is curved on both the sides, is powered by a Octa-Core ( Quad 2.1GHz + Quad 1.5GHz) Exynos 7420 processor and runs on Android 5.1 (Lollipop). It has a 16-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, OIS and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
It has Quick Launch feature lets you launch the camera in less than one second by double clicking the home button, Auto Real-time HDR and new filters. It comes with a Fingerprint sensor built into the home button. It packs a 3000mAh built-in battery and fast charging capabilities to the charge the phone fully in approximately 90 minutes using a wired charger and just 120 minutes using Samsung’s wireless charger.
Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+ specifications
- 5.7-inch Quad HD (2560×1440 pixels) (518ppi) Super AMOLED curved dual edge display
- Octa-Core (Quad 2.1GHz + Quad 1.5GHz) 64 bit, 14 nm Exynos 7420 processor
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM, 32GB internal memory
- Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop)
- 16MP rear camera with LED Flash, OIS, f/1.9 aperture, 4K(UHD) video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/1.9 aperture
- Dimensions: 154.4 x 75.8 x 6.9mm, Weight: 153g
- Heart rate sensor, Fingerprint sensor
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2X2 MIMO), Bluetooth 4.2 LE & apt-X, NFC
- 3000mAh battery, Fast Charging (wired and wireless)
The Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+ comes in Gold Platinum and Silver Titanium colors and is priced at Rs. 57,900 for the 32GB variant. It will be available in India starting August 28th. The Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+ keyboard cover is priced at Rs. 4,599.