Samsung introduced G9098, an Android flip phone with dual displays in China last year. This year the company has introduced (Via) G9198, an upgraded version with dual 3.9-inch (768 x 1280 pixels) WXGA Super AMOLED screens, one on the front and the the other on the inside along with a T9 keypad. It is powered by a hexa-core Snapdragon 808, has a 16-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
It has dual SIM support and 4G connectivity with support for 4G FDD-LTE bands – B1 (2100), B3 (1765 ~ 1780), B7 (2600) and 4G TDD-LTE bands – B38 (2600), B39 (1900), B40 (2300), B41 (2555 ~ 2575), B41 (2500 ~ 2690). It also seems to come with a heart rate sensor on the back.
Samsung G9198 specifications
- 3.9-inch (768 x 1280 pixels) dual touch screen Super AMOLED displays with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- Hexa-Core Snapdragon 808 (1.8GHz ARM 57+ 1.4GHz ARM A53) processor with Adreno 418 GPU
- 16GB internal storage, expandable memory with microSD (up to 64GB)
- Android OS
- Dual SIM
- 16MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.9 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 120.3 x 61.2 x 16.3mm, Weight: 200 grams
- 4G LTE / 3G, WiFi 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac (2.4 +5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS / GLONASS
- 2020 mAh battery
The Samsung G9198 comes in Blue color and is expected to go on sale in China later this month. No word on the pricing yet.