Philips has launched Xenium I908, a mid-range smartphone and the S309, a budget smartphone in India. The Philips I908 appeared on the official Philips India website last year and packs a 5-inch 1080p screen, 1.7GHz Octa-Core MediaTek MT6592 processor, 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera. The Philips S309 has a 4-inch WVGA screen, 1GHz dual-core processor, 5-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a VGA front-facing camera.
Both these smartphone have dual SIM support and 3G connectivity.
Philips Xenium I908 specifications
- 5-inch (1080×1920 pixels) Full HD display
- 1.7GHz Octa-Core MediaTek MT6592 processor with Mali 450-MP4 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 32GB with microSD
- Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- Dimensions – 143x70x8.8mm; Weight: 155g
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera
- 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 3000mAh battery
Philips S309 specifications
- 4-inch (480 x 800 pixels) TFT display
- 1 GHz dual-core processor
- 512MB RAM, 4GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 32 with micro SD
- Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- Dual SIM
- 5MP rear camera with LED Flash
- VGA front-facing camera
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 127.5×64.5×10.8mm; Weight: 126.77g
- 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS/A-GPS
- 1600mAh battery
The Philips I908 comes in Black color and is priced at Rs. 11,799. The Philips S309 comes in Black and Red colors and is priced at Rs. 4,999. Philips has partnered with Redington, one of the largest distributors of cellphones in India to sell these smartphones across the country.
Commenting on the launch, Philips country manager for SAARC, Sangfei Mobility, S.S. Bassi said:
Identifying the dearth in the industry for phones with high-end performance capabilities, we have introduced the I908 with powerful features across every aspect of the phone. Packed with Philips’ trademark Xenium technology, the phone offers excellent battery life and stand by time for its consumers. It is ideal for consumers looking for a smooth and reliable smartphone experience. The S309 on the other hand is the ideal phone for users looking for a budget smartphone with key features and reliable performance.