Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime 4G went on sale in India through the official Samsung India eStore last week, today the company has officially launched the smartphone in the country. It was announced back in February and packs a 5-inch qHD display, is powered by a quad-core Snapdragon 410 SoC and runs on Android 5.1 (Lollipop). It has an 8-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
It has dual SIM support, 4G LTE connectivity with support for bands FDD-LTE B1(2100),B3(1800),B5(850),B8(900),B20(800) and TDD-LTE : B40(2300). Now the company has 14 4G smartphone in India.
Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime 4G specifications
- 5-inch qHD (960 x 540 pixels) display
- 1.2 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 410 processor
- 1GB RAM, 8GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 64GB with micro SD
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop) OS
- Dual SIM
- 8MP auto-focus rear camera with LED Flash, 1080p video recording
- 5 MP front-facing camera with 85-degree wide-angle lens
- Dimensions: 144.8×72.1×8.6mm; Weight: 156 grams
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS＋GLONASS, NFC
- 2600 mAh battery
The Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime 4G comes in white, grey and gold colors and is priced at Rs. 11,100.
Commenting on the launch, Asim Warsi, Vice President, Marketing, Mobile & IT at Samsung India, said:
Samsung is committed to develop innovative products basis deep consumer insights. With the 4G variant of the Galaxy Grand Prime we continue to expand our product offerings in the mid segment with the aim to provide uncompromised smartphone experience, at very competitive prices.