Meizu has announced m2 note, successor of last year’s m1 note smartphone without a major change in the design and specifications. It has the same 5.5-inch 1080p IGZO display, is powered by a 1.3GHz 64-bit Octa-Core MediaTek MT6753 processor with eight Cortex-A53 64-bit CPUs with Mali-T720 GPU and runs on Android 5.1 (Lollipop) with Flyme OS on top. It has a 13-megapixel rear camera and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera with 69-degree wide viewing angle.
It has dual SIM support with 4G TD/FDD-LTE support in both the SIMs. The first SIM can also be used as a microSD expansion slot if needed. It has new mBack touch-sensitive home button that offers different functions depending on how hard you press it. It acts like a back button with soft press and acts as home button with hard press.
Meizu m2 note specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) IPS display from Sharp / AUO with Tempered Glass for protection
- 1.3GHz Octa-Core 64-bit MediaTek MT6753 processor with 450MHz Mali-T720 MP2 GPU
- 2GB DDR3 RAM, 16GB /32GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (first SIM slot can also be used as microSD slot)
- Flyme OS based on Android 5.1 (Lollipop)
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, 5P lenses, f/2.2 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera, OmniVision 5670 sensor, 4P lenses, f/2.0 aperture, 69-degree wide viewing angle
- Dimensions: 150.9×75.2 x8.7mm; Weight: 149g
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n (dual band), Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 3100mAh battery
The Meizu m2 note comes in Grey, Blue, Pink and White colors and is priced at 799 yuan ( US$ 129 / Rs. 8220 approx.) for the 16GB version and 999 yuan (US$ 161 / Rs. 10,284 approx.) for the 32GB version. It will be available for order in China through the official Meizu website and JD.com starting from today.