Sony just announced the Xperia Z3+, the global variant of the Xperia Z4, as expected. It has a 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Triluminos Display similar to the Z3, but this is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 810 processor, runs on Android 5.0 (Lollipop) and is just 6.9mm thick. It has Sony’s Omni balance design with glass back and aluminium frame. It also comes in Z3+ Dual, a Dual SIM variant.
It has a 20.7-megapixel rear camera with 1/2.3″ Sony Exmor RS image sensor, BIONZ image processing engine, 4K video recording and a 5.1-megapixel 1080p front-facing camera with EXMOR R sensor and digital image stabilization. It has IPX5 / IPX8 ratings for dust and water resistance. It doesn’t have covering for USB and 3.5mm jack. It also has Sony’s new LDAC audio compression codec that promises high-quality wireless music playback and high-quality music experience.
Sony Xperia Z3+ / Z3+ Dual specifications
- 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Triluminos Display with Live Colour LED powered by X-Reality engine, 600 cd brightness
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 processor with Adreno 430 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB via microSD card
- Android 5.0 (Lollipop)
- 20.7MP Primary Camera with Exmos RS sensor, 1/2.3″ 4K video recording
- 5.1MP front-facing camera with Exmor R sensor, 25mm wide-angle lens
- 6.9mm thick and weighs 144 grams
- Dual SIM (Z3+ Dual only)
- IPX5 / IPX8 rating for dust and water resistance
- Sony DSEE HX audio technology, LDAC codec
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio with RDS
- 4G LTE /3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11a / b / g / n / ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS/ GLONASS, MHL 3.0, NFC
- 2930mAh Battery with STAMINA mode
The Sony Xperia Z3+ comes in White, Black, Copper and Aqua Green colors. It will roll out globally from June 2015. No details about the price yet.