Micromax’s YU just launched YUPHORIA, the company’s second YU branded smartphone as expected. It has a 5.0-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) IPS display with a screen-to-body ratio of 67.1%, is powered by a Quad-Core 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 processor and runs on Cyanogen OS 12 based on Android 5.0 (Lollipop). It features a 8-megapixel auto focus rear camera with LED Flash and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera. It has a metal frame that will give the smartphone a premium feel, says the company. The company has filed 4 patents for the smartphone and the smartphone is assembled in India.
It has 2GB RAM, 16GB of internal storage with expansion slot and packs a 2230mAh battery. It has Cat4. LTE support, including support for 4G LTE bands (TDD B40 2300MHz and FDD B3 1800MHz) for India. It has Cirrus Logic Wolfson Stereo DAC chipset for enhanced audio experience.
YU YUPHORIA specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) IPS Fully Laminated display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 1.2 GHz Quad-Core 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 (MSM8916) processor with Adreno 306 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory with microSD
- Dual SIM
- Cyanogen OS 12 based on Android 5.0 (Lollipop)
- 8MP rear camera with LED Flash, OmniVision OV8865 sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera, 4P lenses, f/2.0 aperture, 86-degree wide-angle lens
- Dimensions: 142.38 x 72.96 x 8.25mm; Weight: 143g
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 2230mAh battery
The YU YUPHORIA comes in Champagne Gold with White and Buffed Steel with Black colors and is priced at Rs. 6,999. It will be available exclusively on Amazon.in through flash sale starting from May 28th and registrations for the sale will start today at 5PM.