Xiaomi announced the Mi Note Pro, the top-end variant of the Mi Note smartphone back in January. Today the company launched the smartphone at an event in China. As we already know, the Mi Note Pro has a 5.7-inch (2560 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 Protection, is powered by a 64-bit Octa-Core Snapdragon 810 processor with Adreno 430 GPU and has 4GB DDR4 RAM. It has 64GB of internal storage and 4G LTE support.
Xiaomi says that it has applied for 5 heat conductivity patents to solve the heating issue of Snapdragon 810. It has used 4 graphite cooling fins, one of them being double-layered to solve the heating problem. After playing games for 20 minutes the temperature on the back of Mi Note Pro is 36.3 degree Celsius. It is not clear if there is any degradation in performance.
It has the same 13-megapixel rear camera with Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), dual-tone LED flash, Sony BSI sensor,6P lenses and a 4-megapixel front-facing camera with pixel size of 2 microns present in the Mi Note that we unboxed recently.
Xiaomi Mi Note Pro specifications
- 5.7-inch (2560 x 1440 pixels) IPS display with 551PPI resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 810 64-bit processor (four x 1.5GHz ARM A53 + four x 2.0 GHz ARM A57 ) with Adreno 430 GPU
- 4GB DDR4 RAM, 64GB internal memory
- MIUI on top of Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- Dual SIM (micro + nano)
- 13MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, OIS, Sony IMX214 BSI sensor, 6-element lens, f/2.0 aperture, 4K video recording
- 4MP front-facing camera
- 6.95mm thick and weighs 161 grams
- 4G LTE (cat.9 up to 450Mbps) , WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4/5 GHz), WiFi Direct, Bluetooth 4.1 and GPS
- 3090mAh battery
The Xiaomi Mi Note Pro comes in white color and is priced at 2,999 Chinese Yuan ( US$ 483 / Rs. 30,743 approx), cheaper than the price it was announced. It goes on sale in China from Tuesday, May 12th and the registrations for the sale has started on Mi.com. No details about the global roll out of the smartphone yet.