Samsung just launched the Galaxy Note Edge smartphone in India, after reports of it launching in the country next month. The Note Edge was announced at the IFA 2014 in September along with the Note 4 and packs a 5.6-inch (1440 x 2560 pixels) Quad HD+ Super AMOLED display that bends on the right side that utilizing 160 pixels so that you can acess frequently used apps, alerts and device functionality.
Commenting on the launch, Asim Warsi, VP, Mobile & IT, Samsung India, said:
Samsung continues with its legacy of pioneering extraordinary innovations and setting new benchmarks in the mobile industry. The Galaxy Note Edge is a stunningly beautiful device equipped with a unique curved screen which not only makes the smartphone distinctive but also delivers a unique way to access information and optimizes functionality.
At Samsung, we relentlessly pursue customer-centric innovation and develop devices that enable consumers to express their unique style. The Galaxy Note Edge’s curved design will make the screen more meaningful to users in their everyday lives.
Samsung Galaxy Note Edge specifications
- 5.6-inch (1440 x 2560 pixels) Quad HD Super AMOLED display with 160 pixels curved edge
- 2.7 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 805 processor with Adreno 420 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, expandable up to 64GB with microSD
- Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- 16MP rear camera with LED Flash, OIS and Ultra HD video recording
- 3.7MP front-facing camera, f/1.9 aperture, 120 degree wide angle lens
- 8.3 mm thick and weighs 174 grams
- Infrared LED for smart TV remote
- S Health 3.5, Finger Scanner, UV, Heart Rate Monitoring, SpO2 (Dependent on market)
- 4G LTE-A Cat.6 / 3G HSPA+ up to 42 Mbps, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (HT80) MIMO PCIe, Bluetooth v4.1 LE / ANT+, GPS / GLONASS / Beidou , USB2.0, MHL 3.0
- 3000mAh Battery
The Samsung Galaxy Note Edge comes in Charcoal Black and Frost White colors and is priced at Rs. 64,900. This is likely to be the MOP and the MRP is likely to be Rs. 68500, as reported earlier. It will be available in India in the first week of January 2015 through select retailers.